Saturday, December 17, 2016

Saturday Snapshots - December 17th

Saturday Snapshots is a meme hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. The rules of the game are:

To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
Personally, I find that this is one of the most fun memes that I've participated in.

I've got one truly new photo this week:


Nikon D7100 Camera BodyI got both a new camera body and a new lens last week and this is the first photo I took using them. The camera is a Nikon D7100 and the lens is an 80-400mm - bought used so I'm not sure of the precise model. This picture isn't the greatest I'll admit - I took it hand-holding rather than using a tripod and also on manual focus 100%. Thanks to the weather, I didn't want to take the time to set up a tripod - not in six to eight inches of snow and -4 degree weather.

I can definitely see myself getting out more in the near future to take photos. To be honest, I've got a few more on the camera that I will probably post next week - icicles hanging from the bushes. I'm looking forward to the chance of trying the new lens out on some birds.

My second photo is an older one that I did some editing on this week.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...