Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday Snapshots - Nov. 12 2016

Saturday Snapshots is a meme hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads. The rules of the game are:
To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
Personally, I find that this is one of the most fun memes that I've participated in.

Anyway, my first photo for this week is a new one:
As with most of my other mushroom photos, I took this one at Rathrevor Beach. What makes it different from the other photos I took was the time of day. I took this one just as it was starting to get dark, so I began playing with using the flashlight feature on my phone to give some extra light. It worked well enough that the camera could use a reasonable shutter speed and maintain the focus. Definitely a trick I'm going to try to remember for the future. The only thing that got a bit tricky with this is only having one hand for the camera because I needed one hand for the flashlight. I probably looked pretty hilarious - kneeling on the ground with camera and flashlight, but I think that it's worth doing.

Here I've gone way, way back in time. According to the image details, this one was taken eight years ago, back in 2008!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...