Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Finds

I don't think I've done this meme before, but I can't wait to rave over the books I found yesterday and the magazine I discovered this afternoon.

Anyway, Friday Finds is hosted over at Should Be Reading. The idea is to showcase your finds for the week, whether or not they're books you've purchased.

I've got about five for this post:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FP2XNM/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000FP2XNM&linkCode=as2&tag=alboup00-20
Spin-Off Magazine
Maybe I hadn't looked hard enough but I've been spinning with a wheel and with a drop spindle for several years now and this is the first time I've seen a magazine for spinning. What's more, I found it on the rack at the local grocery store. This issue has articles on things like spinning finer yarns, reducing spindle wobble with a drop spindle and a whole lot of other things I haven't had a chance to look at yet. The magazine comes out four times a year, and to be honest, I just might find myself subscribing to it.
 
The rest come from my favorite used book store.
  1. The Landmark Hellenika - Ed. Robert Strassler - Non Fiction (History, Primary Source)
    I'm collecting the Landmark series as I find them - preferably in hardcover, but this is a great series of editions of primary sources including Thucydides, Herodotus, Arrian's Campaigns of Alexander etc. Each book has numerous appendices covering various facets of the culture, landscape etc, all done by noted names in the field.
  2. Women In Medieval Society - Ed. Susan Mosher Stuard - Non Fiction (History)
  3. The Lady In Medieval England 1000-1500 - Peter Coss - Non Fiction (History)
  4. Passion Play - Beth Bernobich - Fiction (Fantasy)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...