Sunday, November 3, 2013

15 Days Book Blogging Challenge - Why Do You Blog About Books?

If you've been following my blog for the past few days, you know by now that I'm participating in the 15 Days Book Blogging Challenge hosted at Good Books and Good Wine. My introductory post for the challenge is here, and I've been having fun writing up these posts, though I've decided to write them all up ahead of time to post each day. Quite the departure from normal for me. I'm generally more of a "write and post right away" type blogger.

Anyway, today's topic is really the core of book blogging, "Why Do You Blog About Books?".

For me, the short answer is, "because I want to share a book I love with people".

In more detail, I love to talk about a book I've finished reading, and why I think people should read it or (more rarely) why I think they shouldn't. There's a distinct lack of an interested audience in real life too. Even at work I couldn't really rave about the books I love most of the time. So, the internet makes a great audience, and it's not even a captive audience.

After all, if the book doesn't interest you, you click on another link/page in the blog (hopefully) and find something more to your taste, or hit the "back" button - which I hope doesn't happen as much.

At least, this way I'm not boring everyone around me by talking about books constantly.

At the same time, I find that knowing I'm probably going to be writing something about a book I've read sometimes allows me to focus my thoughts a bit better. Sometimes it doesn't but it's a routine I've gotten into over the years since I started All Booked Up and I've gotten used to it and even like it while reading.

It's a habit I can't get out of either. Last year I stopped blogging for about three months, but all through that time, I was still thinking as though I was reviewing the books I was reading.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...