Saturday, November 2, 2013

15 Days Book Blogging Challenge - 15 Things That Appeal To Me In Book Blogs

If you've been following my blog for the past few days, you know by now that I'm participating in the 15 Days Book Blogging Challenge hosted at Good Books and Good Wine. My introductory post for the challenge is here, and I've been having fun writing up these posts, though I've decided to write them all up ahead of time to post each day. Quite the departure from normal for me. I'm generally more of a "write and post right away" type blogger.

Anyway, today's topic is "15 Things That Appeal To Me In Book Blogs".
  1. A clean layout.
  2. Being able to find the first post without scrolling down past a full-screen header.
  3. Easy to read font on a simple background - I think this is really part of the first point, but it bears repeating.
  4. A fun attitude, not always serious.
  5. The blogger's passion for what they're writing about.
  6. A feeling of community.
  7. Writing about books that appeal to me - this one's more about me though. I know my reading preferences and I don't expect every book blog to cater to them - that would leave an awful lot of sameness, and disappoint people with different tastes.
  8. Interesting topics in non-book-related posts. Hey! I'll hang around for "off-topic" posts if I know and like the blog. My own blog has changed over the last year from strictly book-related posts to a wider topic range too.
  9. A non-cluttered blog-layout.
  10. Colors that are not an instant recipe for eye-strain. I still remember with dread the days of yellow text on a blue background or similar combinations, and not always from websites, but from computer programs themselves.
  11. A regular(ish) posting schedule - and here's where I've really been falling down on the job.
  12. Participation in a meme I participate in, or some interesting regular posts, such as the Mailbox Mondays, Saturday Snapshots etc.
  13. Interesting reading challenges. I fail at doing these, but I love to read about them, and sometimes even try to complete one or two.
  14. A clean, easy to read layout - see point one, but it bears repeating.
  15. Headers that are interesting but that DON'T take up the entire screen when you first arrive at the blog - see point 2, but again worth repeating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...