Saturday, October 26, 2013

15 Day Book Blog Challenge

I just found this (late as usual these days) over at Good Books Good Wine, the 15 Day Book Blog Challenge and thought it looks interesting to try.

Like April, I've been having trouble with keeping my energy up concerning my book blog over the past year, and I'm hoping this might bring back some of that. Although, for me, I don't think it's just the blog where I'm struggling. I've been having a lot of days where I just don't have the enthusiasm or energy to read. I do have to admit though to finding it a struggle to review the books I've finished. That, though I hope will become easier again next month, when I can go back to using my old computer for book reviewing. For the past few months I've been doing it all from my laptop, which is a faster computer, but the touchpad is so sensitive I have to turn it off to type anything. Hassle #2 for reviewing is having to make sure that the external drive is plugged in to the laptop for image saving. Otherwise, I can see myself with some stuff here, some stuff there, and yet more stuff in that folder over there. It's just easier sometimes to go "I'll write that up later" except that "Later" never becomes "Now".

All those issues will go away when I can go back to using my old (slow) tower computer with two monitors for a lot of my blogging, I hope (in regards to posting, not using the computer).

I'm hoping though, that this challenge will successfully fire me up again for a while.

What I'm going to be doing is writing all the posts ahead and setting them to go live one per day and linking them from this post. That way, I won't end up dropping this challenge part-way through like I have all the others I've tried over the last couple of years.

The challenge:
  1. Make 15 book related confessions
  2. What's your bedtime reading ritual
  3. Who are your blogging BFF's
  4. What's the last book you flung across the room
  5. Recommend a tear-jearker.
  6. Describe how you shop for books
  7. Talk about your blogging quirks
  8. Quick! Write 15 bullet points of things that appeal to you on blogs
  9. Why do you blog about books?
  10. How do you choose what book to read next?
  11. Show off! 5 of your best blog posts
  12. How do you fight blogger fatigue
  13. Describe one underappreciated book everyone should read
  14. Tell us your deal-breakers
  15. Who are your book blogging mentors

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...