Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at Book Journey. Thanks Sheila for trying to keep us all on track with our reading. Hopefully it's as much fun for you as participating in this meme is for me (and I'm guessing for everyone else too).

Last week I read:
In Her Name: The Last War by Michael R. Hicks. Fiction, science fiction, e-book. The prequel/sequel to the In Her Name omnibus that I read and reviewed a couple of months ago. I loved this book just as much as the previous one.

True Strength: My Journey From Hercules To Mere Mortal - And How Nearly Dying Saved My Life by Kevin Sorbo. Nonfiction, biography. Very much an awe-inspiring read which kept me riveted. Yes, the title says that he became a mere mortal because of what's happened to him, but in my mind, to keep going through everything that life has thrown at him makes Kevin Sorbo even more "Hercules".

I'm currently reading:
A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Fiction, fantasy, e-book. This is my second attempt at this book, and while I'm enjoying it, there are things that are bugging me about it too. Still the characters are very fleshed out and the descriptions are great. It's more some of the character attitudes that I don't care for. And, no I haven't seen the TV series.


Facing Up: A Remarkable Journey To The Summit Of Mount Everest by Bear Grylls. Non Fiction, Biography. I'm back to reading this one a bit more actively now and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm planning to read:
I don't know. Every time I come up with something here, I usually end up reading something completely different. I'd still like to take another look at the Star Wars graphic novels though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...