Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Favourites - Your Favourite Aspect of the Kobo Vox?

Friday Favourites - a chance to rave about a favourite reading/book related topic each week.

Sometimes you just want a chance to rave about some favourite aspect of reading that doesn't really come up during regular blogging posts - that's what this is about. I'm willing to bet that at least some of those will come up one week or another.

This week I'm asking what your favourite aspect of the Kobo Vox e-reader is. Or, what your favourite app is?

Please leave either a link to your response or your response itself in the comments.

My answer: I know this is more of a limited question than some I have asked, but I started wondering anyway.

For myself, I find that it's the flexibility that I have thanks to the ability to install apps. I've installed the Overdrive Media Console so I can read library books, and because of that, I don't even have to be using my computer to look them up. Because the Kobo Vox is more of a tablet computer type, I can do it all from there, providing I have Wi-Fi access.

Or, and for me, this is the big one. Although I love Kobo, with the Vox, I'm not restricted to only Kobo and any repositories of e-pub books. It is possible, with a little bit of work, to install Amazon's Kindle app to the e-reader, so I have the best of both worlds. That's how I was able to take advantage of Michael R. Hicks sale on the In Her Name omnibus edition - now over.

It's just plain nice to have options. Some days, I find myself using the Vox more for playing games than for reading, others I alternate between reading and game playing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...