Saturday, February 4, 2012

RIP Joyce Barkhouse

I just read on the CBC website that the author Joyce Barkhouse died at the age of 98. Her best known book was Pit Pony.

I remember borrowing and reading this book so many times from my local library. I must have discovered it soon after the book came out in 1990 - certainly at the time I read any and every horse story I could get my hands on. What I didn't know was that Pit Pony was made into both a movie and a TV series, which I'm going to have to see if I can find.

I also didn't know that Joyce had written other books too.

Thank you Joyce, for writing such a captivating book that even now, over a decade from the last time I read it, I still remember how much I enjoyed reading Pit Pony, although I can't remember all the details of the story.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...