Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - January 28

Saturday Snapshot is a fun little meme hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. The idea is to post a snapshot or photo taken by you or a family member/friend. Personally, I just find it fun, and a nice change from books.

This week's photo is a neat one. I was at the CONCACAF Canada/Mexico Women's Soccer game last night, and this is one of the photos we took after Canada won. I'm pretty sure it was also the first sports game I've been to, making it neat in a different way entirely. Either way, it was loud and FUN.

Even more fun is knowing that the Canadian Women's team is going to the Olympics this summer. I've never really followed sports before, but somehow I suspect I'll be keeping track of this one to see how they do.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Canada! I'm excited about this summer's Olympics!

Elena said...

I'm getting excited, I have to admit. Thanks for commenting.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This is excellent!

Elena said...

Thanks, Diane. It sure was fun being there too.

Alyce said...

Live sports are always so much more exciting than watching on TV (although sometimes I miss the commentators telling me what's going on). :)

Elena said...

I definitely missed having commentators there. I don't know anything about soccer or most other sports to be honest, Alyce. But, you're right about it being more interesting/exciting live than on TV.

Thanks for commenting.

Marie said...

Very cool. Going to a live sporting event...now that's something you can cross off your bucket list! ;)

Elena said...

True enough, Marie. I have the feeling that I'm going to be going to more in the future, too.

Thanks for commenting.

hopechaser said...

Great vindication for the team after the disappointing World Cup last year. On to the Olympics we go!

Elena said...

I'm looking forward to seeing them there. Here's hoping tomorrow's game goes as well as the last one did.

Thanks for commenting, Hopechaser.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...