Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 8, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week by Sheila from One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. This is one of the memes I try to participate in each week simply because I find it fun to see what people are reading each week - and it helps to keep me more or less on track with my reading.

In the last week I read:
Dragon Rite #1 Catching Black Fire And The Breaking Dawn Riders by Kristie Lynn Higgins. Fiction, Fantasy, Short Story. I'm counting it as a book though as it came in it's own file. Yes, I read this one on my Kobo Vox. Not the best book I've read, but it had some interesting ideas in it.

Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Fantasy, Teen. The first book in the Harper Hall Trilogy. I'm reading these for the All The Books Of Pern challenge, and so far I'm having a lot of fun in the process. It's been years since I read the Harper Hall series and I'm having trouble putting the books down.

Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Fantasy, Teen. The sequel to Dragonsong. Possibly my favourite of the trilogy, although Dragondrums is running a very close second this time. Also being read for the All The Books Of Pern challenge.

I'm currently reading:
40 Years Of Queen by Harry Doherty, Brian May and Roger Taylor. Non Fiction, Biography. A wonderfully illustrated history of one of my favourite rock bands. This was a nice surprise under the Christmas tree this year. It's filled with little bits of trivia, letters etc. The kind of book that's got pockets and things to take out and look at. I'm loving it, though there are times when I wish they'd go into more depth. Still, it's making me go "I didn't know about that album" quite a bit.

Dragondrums by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Fantasy, Teen. The third book in the Harper Hall trilogy. It never was my favourite before, but I'm really enjoying the read this time. I'm most of the way through the book.

Dragonseye by Anne McCaffrey. Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fiction. Set at the beginning of the Second Pass when the last vestiges of the technology that the colonists brought with them are giving up.

A Great And Terrible King: Edward I and The Forging Of Britain by Marc Morris. Non Fiction, History, Biography. I picked up this book this week because I finally watched Braveheart and wanted to find out more about the time period and the great figures. I've only just started the read, but I'm finding the book well written and most engaging. Only 20 pages in and I've ended up pulling out a notepad and paper while I'm reading to jot down little facts and tidbits that capture my interest and imagination.

I want to read:
The Adept series by Katherine Kurtz and Deborah Turner Harris. I love these five books, and have re-read them numerous times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...