Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 17th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each Monday over at Sheila's blog: One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for keeping us all on track with our reading and for helping us find new and interesting books each week.

I've been working on a little crochet project during some of the time I'm supposed to be reading in this  past week - a little case/bag for my phone. I don't want to risk scratching it with the keys etc that are in my purse.

Last week I finished reading:

Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean. Non Fiction, animal story, biography, films, you name it, the book might just fit in that category, at least in part. I definitely enjoyed the read, especially as I love German Shepherds.

I'm currently reading:

Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. Fiction. I've been saying I'd read this book and I'm glad I am now. Everyone was right. This is a good book. At the moment I'm just over half-way through and I'm loving the read.

Hannah and the Spindle Whorl by Carole Ann Shaw. Kids fiction. I really need to get this one finished, as it's probably more than due back.

Asenath by Anna Patrico. Novel, set in ancient Egypt. Reading as an e-book, which is one of the reasons I'm not as far into it yet. Enjoying the read nonetheless.

A History of The Church In The Middle Ages by F. Donald Logan. Non Fiction, History. This is one of those books that I'm reading in chunks and otherwise leaving alone, so it's rather a sporadic read to be honest. Think it's going to be sitting on the dining table for a while yet. Well written and interesting however.

I'm planning to read:

I don't know what I'm planning to read at the moment. Guess I'll just pick something up as the mood strikes me.

7 comments:

dollycas aka Lori said...

I have to get Water For Elephants, it has been on my wish list forever!

I spent last week rebooting my blog on Wordpress. I hope you will stop by and let me know what you think.
http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/

Dollycas
HAPPY READING!!

Elena said...

It's a good one dollycas. Thanks for stopping in, and I do like your new blog. Will have to take some time to check it out properly soon.

Bellas Shelf said...

Hi!
I have Water For Elephants in my e reader just waiting to be read..

You have some pretty cool picks. I like them.

I love dogs too. German Shepard's are phenomenal animals. My husband raised one from puppy hood & was devastated when Bear passed on. He missed Bear for YEARS. Now we have a Pitt Bull & Chihuahua. Both are off the street rescues/former strays. A lot of gr8 books about animals are on the book shelf's now.

New follower :)

its monday what r u reading@books&beyond

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I am reading "The Crystal Bridge" by Charles M. Pulsipher.

Elena said...

I know what you mean Books and Beyond. They really are a part of the family, no matter what breed they are.

Thanks for commenting and following.

I've never heard of that book Michael. Is it a good one?

Anonymous said...

Water for Elephants is a great book. It was nominated at my book club 3 or 4 times before we finally voted it in. It just sounded so boring to me, but I'm glad I read it. I truly loved it. I haven't watched the movie yet. So often the movie just disappoints and I find it ruins the book a little for me then too (I don't know why)

Elena said...

Definitely a great book. I too find that movies made from books often disappoint. It may be later that you have the images from the movie stuck in your head rather than from the books? I find that happens to me sometimes. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...