Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - September 26

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. Thanks for keeping us all {more or less} on track with our reading.

This past week I had either a really good week with reading or a really bad one. It just depends how you look at it. I got a fair amount of reading done, but none of it was on the books I said it would be last week. Now I just need to get more caught up on my reviewing.

From a previous week's reading, I finally got around to reviewing Lisa See's novel Peony In Love.

In the past week I finished reading:
St. Patrick's Gargoyle by Katherine Kurtz. Fantasy, fiction set in Dublin, Ireland. Definitely a fun, if light and short, read. Of course, I like Katherine Kurtz's novels anyway.

White Tiger by Kylie Chan. Fiction, Urban Fantasy. This was a completely different novel from the usual urban fantasies I've read. For one thing, it's set in Hong Kong and uses a completely different set of mythologies as a result. Loved it and am currently waiting for the store to get the next book in.

Changes by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, fiction. Changes is the third book in the Collegium Chronicles, following on Foundation and Intrigues. This is a book that I've been waiting for. Changes tied up some of the storylines from the previous two books and also set up some new ones as well.

I'm currently reading:
The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman: Historical fiction set during the Roman conquest of Judea. Not a bad read, but not my favourite so far.

Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean. Non fiction, a biography of the various dogs that made up the legend of Rin Tin Tin. Now, this is a good book!

The Mountain's Call by Caitlin Brennan. Fiction, Fantasy. I've had this one on my e-reader for a couple of months now, but more interesting is that I remember thinking about buying it when it first came out in paper a few years ago now. An interesting read, especially if you like horses.

I'm still planning on reading at least one of these from last week:
Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen

Marley and Me by John Groban

5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Looks like a good week to me ;)

Elena said...

I thought so too. On the other hand, I didn't get any of the books I need to read. Thanks for stopping in with a comment, Sheila.

mysteryguy said...

Hey there! I found you on BlogLog and really like what you are doing here. You'd be my best friend if you would link to me on your blog in the LOOKING FOR MORE BOOK REVIEWS? section...

KID BOOK RATINGS

Once you do, leave a comment on my site and I'll be sure to return the favor:)

Alexander said...

Interesting list you made here! Thanks for all the information!

Elena said...

Thanks, Alexander.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...