Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? September 19th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks, Sheila for keeping us all on track with our reading.

The last couple of weeks I've been really bad about reading. Rather, I've been getting a fair amount of crochet done and I've gotten back into spinning in a big way. I've managed to finish the shawl I've been working on - it worked out great, and I want to do more of them in different colours! That was a pretty major accomplishment, in my mind. I've also started two more projects too. The Newport scarf from the Little Box of Crocheted Hats and Scarves is the first of those. It's done in a simple repeating shell stitch. The other pattern I've decided to attempt is the Short and Sweet jacket from the Stitch 'n' Bitch Crochet: Happy Hooker book. So far, it's not been too bad, but I'm coming up to a point where I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to do according to the pattern.

In terms of spinning, I'm back to wool on the wheel and in the last couple of days I've nearly filled a bobbin with singles.

On to the reading. A week ago, I promised to pick my next reads from a selection chosen for me by readers in the Booking Through Thursday post on the 8th.. I still haven't finished reading The Dovekeepers, so I haven't started one of the suggestions yet.

I haven't finished reading anything.

I'm currently reading:
The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman: Historical fiction set during the Roman conquest of Judea. Not a bad read, but not my favourite so far.

Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean. Non fiction, a biography of the various dogs that made up the legend of Rin Tin Tin. Now, this is a good book!

St Patrick's Gargoyle by Katherine Kurtz. Fantasy fiction, this is a book I've read before more than a few times, but I've absolutely loved it each time.

I'm planning to read at least one of these:
Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen

Marley and Me by John Groban

3 comments:

NoOne said...

I'm impressed, I can't read more than one book at a time or my braincell explodes :)

Anonymous said...

You have a nice blog here! I like Alice Hoffman a lot, although with so many books some of hers are better than others. I don't know much about this one. The Roman era sounds like a real departure for her.

Elena said...

Sometimes it feels a little like that for me too FantasyLass. On the other hand, sometimes reading another book will let me enjoy one of the first ones more, as it gives me a change of pace. Thanks for commenting.

Thanks thebookstop. I've never read any of her other books, though I do have a copy of "The Foretelling" in my collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...