Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - July 25

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week by Sheila over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

I haven't been able to participate for the last couple of weeks, so this time I'm going to gather up what few books I managed to read in that period.

Books I've read:
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. A teen fantasy novel that I've loved for years. A great read if you love horse stories and fantasy.

Stealing Fire by Jo Graham. Fantasy fiction. Read for Royal Reviews.

Books I'm Reading:
In A Unicorn's Garden by Judyth A. McLeod. Non-fiction about medieval gardens. Includes sections on how to create your own medieval style gardens.

The Fellowship Of The Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien. Fantasy, and part of my all time favourite book: The Lord of the Rings.

Books I Intend To Read (or at least a selection of them, from which I'll try to get one or two read):
The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. The second part of the Lord of the Rings

The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. The conclusion to The Lord of the Rings.

The Annotated Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Annotated by Douglas A. Anderson. The story that started it all. Definitely time for a re-read of the story.

My Side of the Mountain by Jean George. A classic kids story I have the desire to re-read. Will require a trip to the library.

The Far Side of the Mountain by Jean George. The sequel to My Side of the Mountain.

Frightful's Mountain by Jean George. The third book in the series. This one I have never read, in fact I didn't even know it existed until just recently. As with the other two books, I'll have to go to the library.

2 comments:

BookGal said...

I loved My Side of the Mountain but have never read the sequels. Happy reading.

Elena said...

Thanks, BookGal, and I wish you the same thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...