Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? February 14

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks Sheila for keeping me on track with my reading (most of the time).

This was not a good week for reading, as I can't think of a single book I actually finished.

I'm currently reading:
In Dreams Begin by Skyler White. Fantasy, fiction. I'm having a few problems with this one. It seems like a book I should love, but I'm struggling to really get into the read.

Journey To The Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. Fiction.

The Fires of Vesuvius by Mary Beard (still on the list). Non Fiction, history, archaeology.

Owlsight by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, fiction, one of the books set in the Valdemar world.

I'm planning to read:
In Fire Forged edited by David Weber. An anthology of novellas set in the world of Honor Harrington.

5 comments:

redhead said...

wow, you got a lot of stuff going!

Over the weekend I put down a book that wasn't doing it for me, I'm currently reading Twelve, by Jasper Kent. 50 pages in, and I'm loving it.

pussreboots said...

Jules Verne is one of my favorite authors. I mostly read picture books. But I did finish the Hunger Games. Come see what I'm reading now.

Elena said...

It's good that you've found a book you like. I hate putting books down as abandoned - especially when I've been asked to review them, redhead.

He is really good pussreboots. Hunger Games was another really good read.

Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

redhead said...

Elena, it was a book that had come highly recommended by a friend, and I really wanted to like it. I'd put so much time into slogging through most of it, that i did a blog post anyways. poor thing just suffered from mediocrity.

Elena said...

That can happen, redhead. It's so frustrating too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...