Saturday, June 5, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - Cookbooks

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

This week I'm asking about cookbooks in honor of my new blog, Kitchen Misadventures. That's why I'm a day late on this. I had to get some content up there before I could link it, and I had some minor computer problems yesterday.

I regularly joke about cookbooks being an addiction, and about how it's so easy to be on the hunt for a new cookbook before you've even tried three recipes from the last one you bought. At least, that's what I find myself doing.

There's also so many of them, each with it's good points and too often with attractive photos designed to tempt. Not to mention food that just looks and sounds delicious. I tend to recommend Jamie Oliver and Mark Bittman, but there are so many other wonderful cooks that I have to ask, "What would you recommend?".

2 comments:

Chad Hull said...

I'm a fan of Oliver. He seems like a real, regular kinda guy. His stuff is simple and good.

Elena said...

Agreed. Although, I do have to laugh a bit at the size of the portions he must serve. They've got to be massive! How else can you explain a cheesecake that's supposed to serve eight serving twelve with leftovers? And that's just one example.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...