Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. The meme usually manages to keep me on track with my reading, but not this past week. I'm not sure if it was a really good week for reading, or a really bad one. I don't think I managed to finish any of the books I started.

So, let's start with the books I'm currently reading:

Shogun by James Clavell. Historical fiction set in seventeenth century Japan. I'm nearly finished with the book, and hope to have it completed today (of course, I said that yesterday, too).

The Truth About Delilah Blue by Tish Cohen. Fiction, and I was reading this book last week too. Maybe I'll get it finished this week.

War of Honor by David Weber. Another of last week's books that just didn't get finished.

Geisha by Lesley Downer. Non-fiction about that element of Japanese culture and history. I'm quite enjoying the read.

This week I'd like to read:
A Brief History of the  Samurai by Jonathan Clements. Non Fiction.

Samurai William by Giles Milton. Non Fiction.

Hand of Isis by Jo Graham. Another book that was on the list last week.

Shadow of the Swords by Kamran Pasha. Historical fiction about the Crusades, Richard the Lionheart and Saladin.

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Historical fiction set in nineteenth century China.

How many of them I'll get finished is up in the air however.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, Elena. I read a lot of historical fiction, and have recently begun mysteries and thrillers; so our lists might cross in the future.

Candace said...

I love a good historical fiction, though lately I haven't read any (kind of makes me sad, maybe I need to remedy that) and it looks like you've got some good ones going!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Geisha sounds good - glad you are enjoying it. I have those weeks too where no reading is finished. :)

Marg said...

I have read one of Lesley Downer's fiction books, but not her non-fiction. You have a good list of books there.

Elena said...

That would be fun Donna. Thanks for commenting.

Candace, there are definitely some good ones here, but I know there's a lot of good ones that I haven't even heard of yet.

Glad to know I'm not alone in that Sheila.

Marg, Geisha is turning out to be quite good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...