Monday, October 17, 2016

More Phototgraphy

Over the Thanksgiving Weekend, I was back out at Rathtrevor park. Although I had hopes of seeing deer, the owl, rabbits or some interesting birds, my best photos ended up being of something completely different. Mushrooms.*

Mushrooms

Mushroom
These were only two of the several varieties I saw over the course of that walk, and the two best photographs. I have to says I still think the dirty and wet knees and elbows I ended up with in my efforts to get these pictures were worth it.

I've also been playing with some more photomanipulation. I was inspired on this one by an article I read off of Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was also a Digital Photography School article, but can't seem to find it in their feed. At any rate, the article was about using different textures and opacity levels to create effects in photographs.

This is what I came up with:


I rather like the effect I got, and plan to play around with this style of image a bit more. I think though, that I need to come up with a collection of different photos suitable for use as textures, as right now I could only find two or three in my collection. Some possibilities that come to mind include different types of paper, or cloth or sand.



*Partly inspired by reading the article on photographing mushrooms from the Digital Photography School website: http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-photograph-mushrooms-toadstools-and-fungi/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...