Sunday, November 10, 2013

Goldberry CAL Day ??

I've completely lost track of how many days I've been participating in the Goldberry CAL over on Ravelry, and I'm one of the last ones (or so I get the feeling) still working on the project. Regardless, I'm still enjoying the project and I've just finished Row 40.

Given the way the project is structured, I could go straight to the finishing rows from here, but I'm going to keep going and complete the large version of the shawl. The next rows take me from the Barrow-Downs to the Prancing Pony Inn in Bree.

At this point in the project, I'm starting to recognize the rows which is helping to make the project go faster - I'm starting to only need to check the pattern charts for the beginnings, center points and ends of the rows.

With this yarn, the last row was a bit fun in places. It's a "back-loop-only" (BLO) row and the yarn was getting darker. Add to that the less than ideal lighting I had for part of the row, it got a bit challenging and exasperating.

Now it's on to another repeat of row nine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...