Saturday, November 23, 2013

Excuses Excuses - And A Grilled Cheese Sandwich

That's what it boils down to essentially. It's been one of those weeks where despite my best intentions I haven't had anything to post here.

I've been darting from book to book but not getting anything read at all, not even the two new indexing books that arrived the day before yesterday.

Part of that is due to the fact that I've been busy. On Tuesday, the snooker table arrived so the day was taken up by that being installed. Wednesday the new wood stove was installed, only to discover that we need to get the chimney extended.

I've also found out that to run some of the software I need for an ongoing project, that I need to upgrade the operating system on my computer tower. NOT to Windows 8 though. I'm only upgrading to Windows 7. However, that's still proving to be a challenge as I keep finding something else that I need to back up first. That's been most of Thursday and Friday.

Yesterday as well, we had someone out to replace the pump on the furnace system. Quiet at last. Of course, as well there was a batch of beef barley soup to be made.

Now, on to the recipe I discovered the other day.

Roast Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

Best made on a cranberry loaf.

4 slices of bread (for two sandwiches)
grated cheddar/mozzarella cheese combination
sliced deli roast beef
margarine/butter

Butter the inside side of all four slices of bread. Add a handful of the grated cheese to one slice for each sandwich. Lay down slices of the roast beef to cover the cheese one layer thick. Add another handful of the cheese and then the other slice of bread.

Grill in a sandwich press/george foreman grill/panini maker until the cheese is thoroughly melted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...