Thursday, September 26, 2013

Starting Another Crochet Project

I have to be insane. I'm still working on the mate to my completed Triumph Crochet Sock, to make a pair of socks, and I gave in to temptation and started working on a new crochet project, the brand new Goldberry shawl pattern from Ravelry.

Part of the reason I've started this shawl today is it's a CAL (Crochet-Along) project in the designer's group. I also couldn't resist because the whole shawl is Lord of the Rings themed, and it's that time of year.

The yarn I'm using is Paton's Lace in the patina colorway:
One ball's still in the factory-wound centre-pull ball in this photo while the other has already been wound into a cake. After the "fun" I had a few months ago with a center-pull ball that turned into a three day tangle, I've since vowed to always wind these balls again myself. Since this photo was taken earlier this evening, I've wound the second ball, and chained the first stitches for the shawl.

The pattern PDF is clear and easy to read and visualize - always a very good thing, and a good omen for me (I've bought several other patterns from this designer).

I have noted that the Paton's lace yarn is fuzzier than I'm used to these days. I'm not sure what that's going to do to the stitch definition and the pattern for the shawl. I only hope that the halo effect and softness don't make it difficult to see where to insert the hook for later stitches. I am using the "G" hook size, so the stitches shouldn't be too tight though.

The CAL officially starts tomorrow, but it seems like most people couldn't wait, so I decided not to as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...