Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Favourites: Your Favourite Book for May

Friday Favourites - a chance to rave about a favourite reading/book related topic each week.

Sometimes you just want a chance to rave about some favourite aspect of reading that doesn't really come up during regular blogging posts - that's what this is about. I'm willing to bet that at least some of those will come up one week or another.

This week I'm asking what your favourite book from last month was.

My answer is, after some thought, True Strength: My Journey From Hercules To Mere Mortal - And How Nearly Dying Saved My Life by Kevin Sorbo. My full review is here. Having been a fan of the show Hercules: The Legendary Journeys since it was on the air - I still watch the DVD sets on occasion, I picked up the book out of curiosity.

I've never been a big fan of actors' biographies and autobiographies before, but this one stood out as being downright inspiring to read. What Kevin Sorbo went through, and the process to his recovery was amazing, and the way he held up to it all...

True Strength is, to me, a book that anyone going through a tough spot in their life might gain some benefit from, be it thanks to illness or bad luck, it's bound to make you appreciate just how wonderful life is.

What was your favourite book from the month of May?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...