Monday, October 10, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - October 10th

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted each week by Sheila over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for trying to keep us all on track with our reading each week.

Last week I finished reading:
Red Phoenix by Kylie Chan. Fantasy fiction. The sequel to White Tiger and just as good of a read. This was a book I almost didn't want to finish reading because it means I'm waiting for the next book to come out.

I'm currently reading:
Asenath by Anna Patrico. Fiction set in ancient Egypt. Sent to me as a review e-book. So far, I'm quite enjoying it, although I've only just started the read.

Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean. Non Fiction. Well, I'm nearly finished with this one and it's been a good read.

A History of the Church In the Middle Ages by F. Donald Logan. Non Fiction, History. This book is pleasantly reminding me of my history textbooks. The book starts with the Roman Empire and goes from there. Clearly laid out, in-depth and intriguing.

I'm planning to read:
Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen. Maybe I'll actually get to this one this week. I know it's been on the list long enough!

8 comments:

Marce said...

I keep saying I am going to read WAter for Elephants, sigh, I just keep overlooking it.

My post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-this-is.html

Sabrina said...

I loved Water for Elephants! Hope you'll get to it soon.

Here is my Monday post.

Kristin said...

I read Water for Elephants this summer for my book club and loved it - I can't believe I didn't read it when it first came out!

Stop by my It's Monday post if you get a chance.

La Toya said...

Ack! I never get around to reading Fantasy Fiction as often as I'd like!

New follower here :)

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Elena said...

The same thing keeps happening to me too Marce. That's why I'm actually planning to read it.

You and a lot of other people, Sabrina. Thanks!

Will do, Kristin. Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Lazy Girl. Fantasy is great for reading, especially on a grey, rainy day.

Joy Weese Moll said...

I liked Water for Elephants!

redhead said...

I'm reading Terminal World by Alastair Reynolds. . . it's kind of a space opera steampunk post apocalyptic, post-human adventure, um, thing?

but quite fun so far!

Also reading The Two Towers for the Lord of the Rings readalong.

Elena said...

Joy, a lot of people have said that. Thanks for commenting.

Looking forward to the next part of the read-along, redhead. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...