Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - September 5th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for keeping us all on track with our reading.

Last week wasn't as successful as I'd hoped in terms of reading, but I know exactly why that was. Two visits to the PNE with all the distractions that entails. Long term distractions from the PNE include getting re-fired-up about spinning, knitting and crochet. It happens every year that I go, talk to the spinners there and that's all I want to do when I get home - not to mention the new wool I end up buying. So, at the moment, I've spent a good part of the week detangling a hank of silk/merino I've spun earlier in the year, and also a mess from one of my previous crochet projects. Not to mention, the drop-spindle of merino I've got going right now.

Last week I read:
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. Children's fiction, 1960 Newberry Honour winner.

I'm currently reading:
Peony In Love by Lisa See. Fiction, history, set in 17th century China. I'm quite enjoying this read.

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. Fiction, history, ARC.

I have no clue what I intend to read next though.

5 comments:

RAnn said...

My Side of the Mountain was one of my childhood favorites; re-read more times than I can count. Hope you enjoy.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Dovekeepers sounds so good... I could use a good historical fiction read...

Elena said...

I did enjoy it RAnn. Thanks. Hope you have a good week.

So far, I've been enjoying The Dovekeepers, Sheila. Thanks for dropping in with a comment.

Lindsey said...

Oh wow, I remember My Side of the Mountain from elementary school. What a great book!
My Monday: http://literarylindsey.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-monday-its-labor-day-what-are-you.html

Elena said...

It's certainly a goodie, Lindsey. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...