Monday, August 22, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - August 22nd

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks, Sheila for keeping us all on track with our reading. It's probably a difficult job to do, too. I know I'm constantly distracted away from finishing the books I"m currently reading by new ones.

Last week, I finished reading:
The Giver by Lois Lowry. Science Fiction for Teens. I'm guessing that those who liked The Hunger Games might well like this one too. It's the 1994 Newberry Award winner too.

I'm currently reading:
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. The third part of The Lord of the Rings. I love the book, but this time the read is going very slowly. As I said, I'm being distracted by other books.

My Side of the Mountain by Jean George. Children's, Fiction. This is one that's taking a bit of time for all that it's short. I'm reading it on my breaks at work.

The Wizard of London by Mercedes Lackey. One of the Elemental Masters series. What's kind of neat about this one is that sections of it were published as short stories in the book Werehunter.

Wheelock's Latin, 6th Edition, Revised by Frederic M. Wheelock. My primary Latin textbook from both my first and second year classes. I'm still only on the first chapter, doing the practise exercises in the back of the book.

I want to read:
Catalyst by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Anne Scarborough. Science Fiction. If I'm going to read this one, I need to renew it soon. The library loan period is nearly done with.

(My cats are "helping" me type this post, so it's going a bit slower)

7 comments:

Ellie said...

You read so many books at once! I'd never finish anything if I did that.

Elena said...

I don't know. It feels like something I've always done. On the other hand, maybe I'd finish more books each week if I was only reading the one at a time?

Thanks for commenting, Ellie.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Reading Witch Song right now. After that Monarch, and then a book called Eclipse by my friend, Briane Pagel.

Elena said...

Some interesting sounding books there, Michael. Thanks for commenting.

pussreboots said...

Yes... my cat "helps" me too with my blogging. Usually she does this by sitting on my right arm.

The best book I read last week was Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder. Please come see what I finished and what's up next.

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Love The Hunger Games!! Hope you enjoyed it!

Here's my "It's Monday"

Elena said...

pussreboots I know what you mean. Mine are typically lying across the mouse cord or steppping on (or worse, falling on) the keyboard. Thanks for commenting.

I loved it too, Lost in Literature. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...