Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - August 1st

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. Thanks Sheila for keeping us all on track with our reading. I knew last week's list was definitely on the ambitious side, but almost none of it got done. On the other hand, that was mostly because I wasn't able to get to the libraries. I'm hoping to manage that little trip this week.

Last week I read:
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien. One of my all time favourite books. I found it hard to review the book properly though.

I'm currently reading:
The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. The second part of my favourite story - The Lord of the Rings.

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Would you call this classic fiction or science fiction? I'm rather leaning towards the latter, but the bookstore has it under "fiction". I've read the book before, but I'm not entirely sure what I think of it this time (ten or so years later now).

Living Wild by Bear Grylls. A survival manual for those who like the outdoors, written by the guy who does Man Vs. Wild. To be honest, this read may take me a while as there are two of us reading the one copy of the book.

I (still) want to read books from this list:
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. The conclusion to The Lord of the Rings.

The Annotated Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Annotated by Douglas A. Anderson. The story that started it all. Definitely time for a re-read of the story.

My Side of the Mountain by Jean George. A classic kids story I have the desire to re-read. Will require a trip to the library.

The Far Side of the Mountain by Jean George. The sequel to My Side of the Mountain.

Frightful's Mountain by Jean George. The third book in the series. This one I have never read, in fact I didn't even know it existed until just recently. As with the other two books, I'll have to go to the library.

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. A book I read and reviewed last year, but kind of want to re-read.

9 comments:

Stormi said...

Hi! Lot of good book!

Here is mine:

http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I like Tolkien. He had such a fertile imagination and a good work ethic too when it comes to books.

Jennifer said...

Wonderful selection of books for the week, happy reading!
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-50.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I recently read The hobbit again and had the same thing happen... hard to review something I know so well...

Elena said...

Thanks, Ladystorm. I'll try and check it out once my internet is working reliably again.

Michael, that's for sure.

Thanks, Jennifer. And the same wish for you.

Elena said...

So I'm discovering, Sheila. Thanks for stopping in with a comment.

Lissa said...

wow! looks like you have a lot going on the bedside table. i bought tolken, but never read them. maybe it's time to dig them out... =D

Unknown said...

Tolkien...best author :)

Elena said...

Thanks, Lissa. His books are definitely worth a try.

Agreed Angelica.

Thanks for commenting, both of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...