Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Teaser Tuseday - July 26 (The Fellowship of the Ring

Teaser Tuesdays are hosted each week by MizB of Should Be Reading. The rules are:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teasers are:
I want a full account; and most of all I want to know what was the matter with old Maggot, and why he spoke to me like that. He sounded almost as if he was scared, if that is possible.

The Fellowship of the Ring, A Conspiracy Unmasked, page 143.
I give the chapter as well in this case just because there are so many different editions of these books.

6 comments:

icowdave said...

"No one he knows has ever left the building, except for the people who were chosen by lot to settle in the newly opened Urbmon 158 a few months ago, and they, of course, will never come back. There are rumors that urban administrators sometimes go from building to building on business, but Jason is not sure that this is true, and he does not see why such travel would be necessary or desirable."

The World Inside by Robert Silverberg

Elena said...

That looks like it could be a neat one too.

Jennifer said...

I wonder what has frightened someone who apparently does not easily scare.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-rules-of-civility-by-amor-towles.html

Elena said...

I know the answer of course, but I'm not saying :)

Thanks for commenting Jennifer. I'll try to get over to your blog and check out yours.

Marg said...

There were a couple of teasers from this book this week. I really need to go back and pick it up again. I read a couple of hundred pages last year and then put it down...and didn't pick it up again.

Elena said...

Thanks for pointing those out to me, Marg. The book is well worth another effort too. On the other hand, everyone's tastes are different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...