Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 9

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at Sheila's blog, One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books. Thanks for keeping us all on track in our reading each week.

Last week I got one book finished:
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. Fiction about the French Revolution. It was an interesting read and a different perspective on that part of history. It's neat because I've heard of Madame Tussaud and her wax museums but didn't know anything about her, or much about that time period in history.

Currently I'm reading:
The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon. Fantasy novel. I was reading this one a couple of months ago, and put it down for a while. Now I've picked it up again and I'm still really enjoying it.

Divergent by Veronica Roth. Teen fiction. I've just picked this book up last night and I'm only a few pages in. So far, I'm quite enjoying the read. I should note that I'm expecting Divergent to be a quick read just based on the font size, which is quite large.

Medieval Households by David Herlihy. Non fiction about the late Classical and Medieval periods of history. Specifically looking at the make-up and evolution of the household. Not a book I'm racing through, but one I'm finding quite interesting.

I'm planning to read:
Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward. The most recent book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I've been looking forward to this one for a while now, and the reviews all look really good.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Divergent is one of my favourite books of the year so far. Hope you're enjoying it. Have a fab week! See what I'm reading here and don't forget to link your British book reviews on Read My Review, hosted on my blog.
Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

Joann said...

I plan on reading JR Ward, hope you like it!
jbdownie5@yahoo.com

Elena said...

Tasha, thanks for commenting. If I read something that fits the category of your review lists, I'll definitely be by to post it. Thanks for letting me know about it. Hope you have a great week too.

Joann, I love the J.R. Ward books, and I hope you do too. Thanks for commenting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...