Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - August 30

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted each week over at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

For the last few weeks, I've ended up so far off track that it wasn't even worth posting about it. I think things have started to improve now though.

Last week I read:
Jewels by Victoria Findlay: a non fiction book on ten different jewels: pearl, amber, diamond, ruby, sapphire, jet, emerald and others. It covers their history, how the gem is formed and a bit about the uses.

Nimisha's Ship by Anne McCaffrey: A nice, fun, science fiction read. One I've read a few times before, but I keep on enjoying it.

And, finally, the big one I read last week: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: Teen science fiction, and a very good book. It kept me up until three A.M.

At the moment I'm reading:
Half-Brother by Kenneth Oppel. It's a teen novel, and I'm actually not sure if I'm going to finish it. The neat thing is though, that it is set in Victoria. A place I know. Still, the book's not grabbing me.

Not sure what I'm going to be reading this coming week.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had an excellent week of reading. I hope this week is as lovely for you. My Monday is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-your-reading.html

jlshall said...

It really seems like everyone was reading Mockingjay last week. Haven't read any reviews yet - glad you enjoyed it. Have fun with your reading this week!

My Monday list:
http://jlshall.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_30.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Mockingjay! Off to see your review!

Anassa said...

I'm in the middle of Packing For Mars, a history of the science behind space travel. A funny history.

Elena said...

Looks like you had a good week too, Jennifer.

I'm not surprised jlshall. That's a book that a lot of people were waiting for. I sure plan to have fun, and I hope you have a good week too.

Sheila, do you happen to know if there's a central list for Mockingjay reviews? I'll bet this week's Monday link list is probably pretty close though.

Anassa, just the title sounds interesting on that one. Thanks for stopping in.

Nise' said...

Enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on Mockinjay. I am still drained from reading it.

Elena said...

It was quite the book, Nise.

Mary Grace said...

Nice list. I need to buy me some hunger series since I've read a lot of good feedbacks about it. Btw, following you! :) Reading the Millennium series of Larsson for this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...