Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - March 22

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

I know I completely skipped last week's post, (and all the reviews this week, which I'm now paying for), but I'm back.

This past week I read:
Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning by Judith MacKenzie McCuin. A non fiction book on spinning with both a drop spindle and a spinning wheel.

The Collegium Chronicles: Foundation by Mercedes Lackey. Fantasy, the first book of the Collegium Chronicles series. A re-read.

Exile's Song by Marion Zimmer Bradley. One of the Darkover series of books.

The Shadow Matrix by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Another Darkover novel, and the sequel to Exile's Song.

Traitor's Sun by Marion Zimmer Bradley. The sequel to the previous two books.

The Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce. An omnibus edition of Alanna: The First Adventure, In The Hand Of The Goddess, The Woman Who Rides Like A Man and Lioness Rampant. Teen books but a fun read nonetheless.

What I'm reading now:
The Aeneid by Virgil. Possibly going to get abandoned like so many other books lately

Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon. For Royal Reviews.

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce.

What am I planning to read?
Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce


Mustang: Wild Spirit Of The West by Marguerite Henry (if I can find my old copy)

5 comments:

Sophie said...

I find that when I read tough to get through classics, I need to do so with a game plan in place-- otherwise they do get abandoned.

Unknown said...

I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (excellent so far - reminisant of Carson McCullers or Truman Capote) and I just finished Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (very creative - by the way, written 2 years before Twilight.)

Betty said...

Great list of books. I'm going to check out the hand-spinning book as I really enjoy weaving, yarn, all that fun stuff. This week I'm working my way through a book called "The Ultimate Boomer Business Launch Workbook" as I've always wanted to start a small home-based business and never knew exactly where to start. It's definitely comprehensive and makes you think through your business plan.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Interesting reads! I am going to have to look up some of these as I am not familiar with them.

Have a great week :)

Elena said...

Wisdom, that's for sure. I'm not ready to call this one abandoned just yet though.

Cynthia, I haven't read any of those. A lot of people are saying good things about the Charlaine Harris books.

Best of luck with that Betty. Sounds like spinning might be just up your alley.

Thanks for stopping in Sheila and a good week to you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...