Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - March 1

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books each Monday. It's a great way to keep on track with your reading each week, although for the last few weeks, I've been wildly off track with my forecasts of what I'm going to read. Last week was a perfectly good example of this.

This past week was a massive read:
Claiming The Highlander by Kinley MacGregor. Romance novel, the first in the MacAllaster series.

Devil of the Highlands by Lynsay Sands. Romance novel, and the first of three (so far) in a series.

The Hastur Lord by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Deborah J. Ross. The most recent of the Darkover novels.

Darkover Landfall by Marion Zimmer Bradley. The beginnings of Darkover's lost history. My review is a bit of a rant however.

Shalador's Lady by Anne Bishop. The latest book set in the world of The Black Jewels. I liked this book a lot.

The Shadow Queen by Anne Bishop. Inspired to re-read thanks to Shalador's Lady.

Covet by J.R. Ward. The start of her newest romance series. Definitely a good read.

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward. Paranormal romance, starting the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward. The second of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books. This one's the story of Rhage. I need to get the review written up and posted.

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward. Third book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, the story of Zsadist. Again, I need to get the review up (although I finished the book late last night so I have some excuse).

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward. The fourth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and it's my favorite of them. The story of the 'outsider' Butch O'Neal. Another review I need to get written up and posted.

Books I'm currently reading:
The Kindness of Strangers by John Boswell. Week three, and still reading away at this one. It's fascinating.

King Arthur's Death The Middle English Stanzaic Morte Arthur and the Alliterative Morte Arthur edited by Larry D Benson. Middle English poetry for the Pre Printing Press Challenge (it just squeaks in under the requirements) and the Tournament of Reading challenge. Another holdover from last week that got pushed aside in favor of the romances.

Books I intend to read:
The rest of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.

8 comments:

Curling up by the Fire said...

I am looking forward to reading Shalador's Lady. I have really enjoyed the series (and so did my husband) so I am glad to see you liked the book.

Elena said...

Shalador's Lady was perhaps my favorite book of the week. Of course, that coul just have been the anticipation of waiting for it speaking :) .

Thanks for commenting Stephanie.

Cat said...

You did achieve a lot last week.Some fascinating titles in that list I'll have to check out.

Happy reading!

Elena said...

Thank you, Cat. Hope you enjoy the books if you do get a chance to read them.

Betty said...

Great list of books. I'm adding a few to my TBR list. Thanks! This week I picked up a new book called "Fear to Freedom" by Rosemary Trible. It's an inspirational memoir about the power of forgiveness and how love triumphs over evil. Pretty deep for me but it's good to mix up genre.

Elena said...

It certainly is. You can find some really good surprises that way. Thanks for stopping by Betty.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh wow you had a fantastic reading week! Hope this one was a good one as well. I have been so busy and so tired I hardly feel I have accomplished anything!

Elena said...

Thanks Sheila. This one's turning into a good one too (if the backlog of reviews I have to write up says anything).

Here's hoping that your week ends better than it sounds like it's been going.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...