Friday, January 15, 2010

What Would You Recommend? - The Clique

This is a question I get asked all the time working in the bookstore: "What would you recommend for somebody who loved "_________"? (fill in the blank)" Usually I can come up with something, but that something can be a bit of a wild guess if it's not a book or genre I normally read. This is where you helpful people come in. If you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

This time it's teen books I'm asking about. I had somebody a couple of weeks ago asking me for recommendations for somebody who liked the series The Clique by Lisi Harrison. I had to admit that I have no clue. It's not that I don't read teen books (I do still), but what I read is more the teen fantasy such as Tamora Pierce and Robin McKinley.

When I'm asked about a series like this one I'm lost. Just going by back cover blurbs, I ended up suggesting the Private series, but I have no clue if the two sets of books are at all similar.

What would you have suggested?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...