Friday, January 22, 2010

The Tournament Of Reading Challenge

Or, "Just What I Needed - Another Challenge To Join".

I just found out about this challenge thanks to Jules who commented on my Women In The Middle Ages review and I had to join up. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Here's the challenge requirements as copied from The Medieval Bookworm:
This challenge is designed to get us all reading a little more medieval literature in 2010.  The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2010, and will be hosted right here at Medieval Bookworm.  Challenge genres include history, medieval literature, and historical fiction.  Medieval, for simplicity of definition, will be from 500-1500, and literature from all over the world is welcome, not just western Europe.  There are 3 levels:
  • Peasant – Read 3 medieval books of any kind.
  • Lord – Read 6 medieval books, at least one of each kind.
  • King – Read 9 medieval books, at least two of each kind.
 I'm going to try for "Lord".

Should I count Frances and Joseph Gies Women in the Middle Ages which I finished this week in the challenge, or should it just be from this point onwards?

Books read for the Tournament Of Reading Challenge:
  1. The Kindness Of Strangers by John Boswell
  2. The Chronicle of the Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds by Jocelin of Brakelond

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...