Monday, July 6, 2009

Tuesday Thingers

I'm nearly finished Memoirs of A Geisha and taking a break from both the book and preserving fruit with this blog post.

Actually, it started life as a comment over at Wendi's Book Blog and took on a life of its' own. As a result, this is my first Tuesday Thingers post.

This week she's asking about social networking sites.

I guess I'm lukewarm at best on social networking. I use LibraryThing the most, although I have a couple of friends that really prefer GoodReads, and who have convinced me to sign up. Personally, although I have an account there, I don't really use it. As a result, I find LibraryThing to be the easier of the two to use. I love it. The site/groups has doubled my wishlist (usually in terms of history books, but it was LibraryThing that introduced me to the Naomi Novik Temeraire books).

I've never looked into Shelfari at all.

I'm getting into Twitter, but I haven't gotten into MySpace or Facebook, and to be honest, I'm not planning to. Twitter I started with the intention of using it mostly to post updates and links for both All Booked Up, which is this blog, and my J.R.R. Tolkien site: Finduilas's J.R.R. Tolkien Page. However, I've started using it to post more and more little updates about what I'm doing. It's strangely fascinating somehow.

If I had to stick with just one of the networking sites, it would probably be LibraryThing. The groups there have been such a help, including finding book titles for me that I'd completely forgotten.

2 comments:

Chery - Unadorned Book said...

I loved Memoirs of a Geisha. I just need to take a day and really teach myself to navigate LT. Everyone says it's easy but I've found it a little confusing. It looks promising though!

Elena said...

It is. The groups there have helped me so much, from just chatting about subjects to finding books I'd forgotten about (The Name That Book Group).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...