Sunday, June 21, 2009

Library Loot


Library Loot is kindly hosted by Marg and Eva.

And, it's a great way to find new books. I'm planning to use it to encourage myself to go to the library more often. As it is, I tend to buy the books I want to read, which habit is just encouraged by working in a book store as the books are right there in front of me. It doesn't help that the books I want to read are often not in the library (right now I'm searching for Mercedes Lackey's Joust, as I have book two, and but can't find book one.

Item two: I borrow books from the library, but I have so much available to read at home, in combination with books I'm buying that the books go back when due, but unread.

Anyway, my two library books for this post:
  • Vlad by C.C. Humphreys. A retelling of the story of Vlad Tepes, the infamous Dracula. Should be good, if I get it read. I enjoyed his The French Executioner and the first two of the Jack Absolute series.
  • Sanctuary by Mercedes Lackey. This is the third of the Dragon Jouster series, which starts with Joust, and then Alta. I've read the series before, but never got to the last book. Now, of course, I can't find the first one.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Thanks for joining in Library Loot!

I find sooooooo many new books visiting all of the participants! :) It's my favourite part about the whole thing (though I really love doing my vlogs too...hope that doesn't make me a narcissist). I sympathise with the series issue...my library had the first Fables, which made me love it, and then it's missing like seven of them!

Elena said...

Unfortunately that's so very typical of libraries. I call it "seriesitis".

That or they have everything but the first volume, which is the other typical discovery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...